Job Serial Number 251
- Analyze configurations of the basic structural components of a building or other structure.
- Calculate the pressures,stresses and strains that each components such as a beam or lintel will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather or earthquakes.
- Consider the strength of various materials, e.g timber,concrete,steel and brick to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design.
- Liaise with other designers, including architects to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction.
- Examine structures at risk of collapse and advising how to improve their structural integrity,such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts of rebuilding the entire structure.
- Make drawings, specifications and computer models of structures for building contractors.
- Liaise with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected buildings are structurally sound.
- Structural expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures.
- Use computers and computer aided design (CAD) technology for simulation purposes.
Must have structural knowledge with over 6-7years experience;
Salary range N300,000 – N400,000 | Month