We are a leading Interior Design Firm based in Lekki, Lagos. We are looking to hire a Draughtsman to assist the Lead Interior Designer in the delivery of design projects from start to finish. The candidate will report directly to the Lead Designer and is required to maintain a great working relationship with all members of staff, clients and contractors.
Key Result Areas (KRAs)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Documenting client briefs to ensure that the design team has a clear understanding of what the client is looking for.
- Measurement of existing dimensions in design space on individual projects.
- Photo design creation and issuance of technical drawings (3D graphic design drawings).
- Producing accurate CAD drawings including elevations, sections, RCP, layout.
- Creating space plans.
- Creating mood boards, sample boards and other presentation material.
- Material sourcing and selection for furniture, lights, decorations and fittings.
- Providing artisans with detailed drawings and descriptions to produce bespoke furniture and fittings.
- Meeting attendance and briefing of the Client relationship Officer.
- Client support via email and telephone.
- Follow up with client to ensure design specifications have been met.
- Supervision of site meetings.
- Follow up on individual design projects.
- Liaising with Project Manager throughout the project life cycle to ensure vision is delivered.
- Reporting on project site progress.
- Preparation of work plan for individual projects.
- Preparation of regular (weekly) feedback report on individual projects.
- Management of project themes of cost, quality and time.
- Quality control in all areas of delivery to ensure that project vision is met.
- Assist with management of project in terms of cost, quality and time.
- Minimum academic qualification of Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or any related field.
- 2 – 4 years relevant experience, with specialist training in interior design, architecture or a relevant profession.
- Keen interest in design, architecture and film.
- Excellent technical drawing skills.
- Ability to visualize perspective and 3-dimensional space.
- Ability to visually interpret other people’s ideas.
- Ability to work quickly and to respond to any required changes;
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of the requirements of the relevant Health and Safety legislation and procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, time, people and project management skills, as well as knowledge of financial and budgetary management.
- Proficiency in the use of design software such as Auto CAD, Revit, Photoshop Illustrator, and any other relevant 3D Animation or CAD software.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and minimum level of work expected of this role and being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and activities required of the position.