PROJECT MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to the Commercial Director/Creative Director
This role reports to the commercial director and creative director. The candidate must possess the knowledge, experience, and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals, consultants and client while successfully directing the project team and any other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, schedule, and budget.
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the project design, scheduling, possible, cost savings measures and potential construction problems.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and communicate them when necessary
- Periodically scout for new vendors to add to the existing list, set up meetings with these vendors and Gemona West.
- Contribute to job activities in accordance with Gemona West’s policies and procedures, specifically those related to project management and within the bounds of the project contract.
- Raise and discuss relevant issues at the job site meetings. Prepare & issue minutes of all site meetings
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control.
- Keep track of all project activities and escalate any issues to the Management to meet up with deadlines.
- Notify management of any delays or lags.
As Project Manager, you will be involved in the following:
- Ensure project meeting with team members is held on a weekly basis
- Ensure that project process is followed from start to end.
- Prepare lessons learnt at the end of every project.
- Ensure there are enough staff and resources based on the projects on ground. Also keep abreast of upcoming projects.
- Have weekly meetings with accounts and HR for adequate and effective allocation of resources.
- Ensure proper documentation with clients and vendors
- Ensure proper communication with clients and vendors. Also ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO CONTRACTORS
- Invite contractors and the team to view project time lines on Zoho so they can view documents, plans, electrical and drawings
- Get updates on project timelines
RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE CLIENTS
- Send clients a weekly report about what is activities on their site
- Ensure a client signs off on all invoices, shop drawings etc.…
- All documents and filing are properly organized
- At the start of every project, clients should be notified that all queries, adjustments be passed through the Project manager
- Ensure that no additional work be carried out if payments are not made. Clarify from the senior Accountant
- Bi-weekly visit to site with the senior architect to ensure reports given by the senior architect is correct
- Ensure a hand over and a reconciliation of accounts are done with the clients. This shows what is been purchased and delivered with a signature from the client
RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE SENIOR ARCHITECT
- Double check on all drawings and review the required drawings
- Review the scope of work for the contractors and other vendors
- Weekly project meetings with the senior architect
- Review variations with the senior architect
- Ensure the procurement list is properly done and get it approved by the Creative Director
RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE VENDOR
- Arrange delivery to all vendors. Any additional packaging should be processed through accounts department
- Ensure vendors are paid on time. Payments should be requested for in advance. Any delays in payment should be escalated to the management.
- Ensure vendors sign off on documents they have quoted for
- Ensure quotation is sent before vendors carry out any jobs on site
- A time line should be in place for quotation for works
- Review vendors performance every 4 months (at the end of every project)
RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE CLIENT
- Ensure payment confirmation before work starts
- You might be required to work late hours or weekends in delivery of projects
- A spread sheet should be created for approval for the client; also, any delay from the client can affect delivery time (Please inform the client)
- Monitor client’s approval
- Monitor how long it takes contractors to get back to Us ( there should be a timeline)
RESPONSIBILITIES TO ACCOUNTs
- Weekly meeting with the senior accountant (discuss payments that need to be made, if there are any variations, goods imported and cost of shipping)
- Arrange delivery to vendors
RESPONSIBILITIES TO LEGAL
- Discuss issues with clients; take legal advice on how to deal with clients
- Ensure all background issues are handed over properly to the lawyer
- Ensure all communication is via email; verbal communication should be followed through by an email
- All WhatsApp messages should be screen grabbed and sent to drobox. Ensure message archives expire after one year
RESPONSIBILITIES TO HR
- Flag up anyone is not following process and lessons learnt at the end of every project
- Manage petty cash for miscellaneous purposes for your department (a spread sheet should be created to account for the cash spent)
- A payment request should be done to accounts department regarding phone top up and the rest
- Keep logs of staffs’ performance
- Discuss staff needs – training needs
RESPONSIBILITY TO MANAGEMENT
- Bi-weekly meeting with the management
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Packages especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook etc.
- Knowledge of Zoho Projects or any other project management tools
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to solve problems or proffer solutions with limited supervision
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Self-management skills
- Proven working experience as a project administrator in the construction/interior design sector
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Civil or Mechanical Engineering, or any other relevant course.
- Project Management Professional Certification is an added advantage