RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
We are a leading Interior Design Firm based in Lekki, Lagos. We are looking for a lover of beautiful things, with a great attitude and lots of positive energy. As a Retail Sales Associate, you will be responsible for all sales activities and sales associate job duties, from greeting customers, answering questions, offering assistance, suggesting items, lending opinions and providing product information. You will be expected to demonstrate outstanding customer service and selling skills, keeping the shop floor stocked with merchandise, assisting in display of merchandise and organizing the shop floor and stock areas.
A Retail Sale Associate must process payments by totaling purchases; processing cheques, cash and debit cards. Must also be able to deal with customer enquiries, requests or complaints (in store and on social media) courteously and professionally. Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting 1710 by BM’s commitment to our customer. Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer. Stay current with promotional events and sales. Keep detailed records and update stock lists and inventory.
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficient in verbal and written English language
- Knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate with customers, peers and management
- Telephone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
- Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision
- Physical demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders
- Customer service focus
- Enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service
- Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and long shifts
- BS degree in Marketing or related field would be a plus