jetrecruitment Mini-Grid Energy Company
Start-up Electrical Energy Firm
As the finance focal point, you will lead the capital investment process, optimizing the capital structure, technology platform, procurement costs and social impact of each Mini Grid in order to deliver required returns to all stakeholders.
You remit will also include the accounting function, where you will lead tracking of financial performance across the firm and individual projects and ensure project accounts are always in good standing for regulatory inspection.
You will also be intimately involved in the capital raising process for the Mini-Grid projects helping to negotiate the best terms from capital providers.
• Supervising the delivery of a fit for purpose financial model that underpins our investment in Mini-Grids.
• Optimizing each project to ensure targeted returns are achieved.
• Collaborating with the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) to optimize the Mini-Grid tariff model.
• Supervise bookkeeping and ensure adequate financial controls are in place across the firms operating locations
• Oversee the annual budgeting process for the firm and individual projects and forecasting cash flow requirements.
• Lead preparation of management accounts and financial
• Carry out reconciliation of sales proceeds with third parties.
• Tax planning, remittance and management.
• Act as company focal point for regulator or community-initiated inspection of accounts.
5+ years’ experience in finance in the utility or telecommunications
sectors where you will have arranged financing from third party
financiers for projects with >$1M in CAPEX.
• Understanding of regulated energy markets and utility pricing.
• Understanding of the off-grid and mini-grid electricity markets.
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Banking and Finance, or similar
• ACCA or ICAN certification secured or in progress.
• MBA preferred.
• Advanced proficiency in modern productivity tools including
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
• Ability to work well in a team.
• Flexibility and eagerness to lend a hand wherever needed, even if a specific task may fall outside the core job description.
Pay range N350,000-N550,000
Qualified applicants should e-mail a copy of their CV and cover letter to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply before 13th of November 2018.